With mixed emotions we have decided to list Heart’s Desire for sale. I had hoped to take her through her centennial birthday but I guess that will be an honor she will bestow upon her next owner. Heat’s Desire is a wonderful boat full of history and grace, a yacht version of the great American Fishing Schooner. This is an opportunity for someone to own a true vintage American yacht. Not an opportunity that comes around all that often. It’s hard to explain the joy of sailing a 94 year old, heavy displacement wooden boat. It’s deeply satisfying, humbling in it’s challenge and a sheer joy to bridge time and space upon the water. Heart’s Desire is nimble fast little ship and a real sailors boat with four working sails and two top sails. She is very seaworthy, well built and extremely strong. I have single handed the boat but she is really a two person boat and who wants to cruise alone anyway! When I bought Heart’s Desire it was with the intention of going cruising far and wide and with that in mind I spent nearly two years doing an extensive refit from the keel bolts to mast truck. This boat is ready to go! I will quickly list the specifications of the boat here and some of the work and improvements we made. The list is by no means exhaustive so please contact us with any questions you may have.
Heart’s Desire is constructed of 1.25″ thick Iroko planks copper riveted to steam bent white oak frames. The deck is narrow laid Iroko planks, caulked and painted. The cabin houses are both Iroko painted outside and varnished inside. The back bone timbers are all white oak and the ballast keel is a full length iron. The masts are Douglas Fir, the booms and gaffs are spruce and the bowsprit is Long leaf Yellow pine. The boat was rebuilt in 1980 and is in excellent shape and fully insured.
- New 44B HP Westerbeke engine in 2010 with less then 900 hours on it.
- New 120 amp alternator with a smart regulator 2012. The stock alternator is now a spare.
- New 1.25” prop shaft and feathering Max prop (17×12) in 2012
- Two new 35 gallon fuel tanks (2011) with independent Raycor filter and water seperators.
- Many spare parts, filters and belts.
In the galley
- Force 10 3 burner propane stove (2004)
- Two 10 lbs aluminum tanks with remote selenoid switch
- New built in Ice box with 12v Nova Kool refigeration (2012)
- Both fresh and salt water at the sink with foot pumps
- Two new 50 Gallon water tanks (2012)
- New Sig Marine Bulkhead diesel heater with 1 gallon day tank (2013)
- All new interior cabinentry, bunks, setees and drop leaf table (2012)
- All new wiring throughout (2012)
- New blue seas distribution panel with 13 breakers (2012)
- Raymarine Plotter/Raydar (2004) with cockpit repeater
- Raymarine Depth sounder (2012)
- Furuno GPS
- Standard Horizon VHF
- 80 Watt solar Panel with charge controller
- 1000 Watt inverter
- LED lights throughout
- Salt water wash down pump
- Two battery banks deep cycle house bank (2018) and two starting batteries (2014)
Sails & rig
Fore, Staysail, and Jib (2000)
Fishermen Staysail old but serviceable and main Gaff topsail great shape
New sail covers (2017)
New standing rigging (2013) 316 Stainless and bronze throughout
New pole main mast (2013) got rid of the top mast but kept the height
New Schaffer Rolling Furller on Jib (2013)
New Bronze Gaff Saddles (2013)
New Dyneema running back stays (2013)
New Bronze Hause pipes (2018)
New Bronze Bow roller (2012)
New leathered Mast hoops (2013)
Installation of 5 cockpit winches, one winch on each mast and one reefing winch on each boom for a total of 9
New 150’ 3/8” G4 hight tinsel anchor chain (2013)
New 250’ 3/8” G4 hight tinsel anchor chain (2013)
New 200’ 1” nylon rode with 20’ of 3/8” chain (2013)
45 lb Bruce galvinized 2016
35 lb high tinsel Danforth galivinized 2016
65 lb Yachtsman fishermen
Spare line, fenders, chaff gear, etc.
- Levac Marine head with 10 Gallon holding tank
Danforth Constellation Compass
Electric and manual Bildge pump
One horsehoe ring with strobe light
one boat hook
When I purchased the boat there was simrad autopiolot computer and lewmar motor which I removed and have never used but will include with the boat along with a Ferris wind generator which I also have not used.
Please Call Matt at 415-261-7752 for inquiries and leave a message